Double Double, Animal Style with a strawberry shake
Fellow blogger Dave2 gave us his input on his burger preferences. And he opened it up for others to chime in. Kapgar went second. I’m guessing I’m third. So here’s how I prefer my burgers.
– I like a good cheeseburger. Grilled to mostly done, with just a hint of pink in the middle.
– lettuce [leaf, not shredded], pickles, onion, ketchup, mayo [Miracle Whip is acceptable on a burger, but nothing else].
Another photo of a Double-Double Animal Style
– In-N-Out Burger has been a favorite of mine since I was 5 years old. Since their arrival to Salt Lake City, I only go there a few times a year. I think that’s due to the novelty of having it so close now and I want to enjoy it without it becoming a standard fare every week. I also like Red Robin, but lately, they don’t cook them well enough. I’ve sent back 3 of the last 5 that I’ve ordered, making sure it’s cooked more.
We also have these greek places that serve really good burgers. Crown Burger, Apollo Burger and Astro Burger have multiple locations within a 20 minute drive of my work and home. Their top burgers have grilled pastrami on them, which adds not only extra calories, but extra flavor.
Five Guys is a place I like to go to every few months. They have bacon cheeseburgers, as well as really good fries.
– Paper bag. I’ve had it wrapped in foil before, but once I found a small bit of the foil inside the burger, I think paper wrap is a bit safer when accidently swallowing.
– I make my own patties. As much as I love In-N-Out, I much prefer making burgers at home. I add my own seasoning and spices to them, using worcestershire sauce to add moisture and flavor to the burger. Sometimes adding things like green onions or bleu cheese to the ground beef, so the patty cooks these extra ingredients into the burger. Then a nice slice of cheddar or pepperjack cheese makes it a really good burger. Just ask my wife. She approves.
At home, it’s cole slaw, macaroni salad or potato salad. For fast food, I do like a well made batch of onion rings. If it’s at In-N-Out, I really like their shakes. Neapolitan shake is my choice almost every single time.
– As I mentioned above with In-N-Out, I don’t go more than a few times a year, like once every other month. During the summer months, I’ll grill a burger twice a week at home. Going out to eat, I would say I have a burger about twice a month, sometimes more often if co-workers drag me along to a local burger joint.
Five Guys is good but always seems so damn greasy. They’re the reason I don’t like paper wrap or paper bag because both will fall apart from the grease.