Doritos Sour Cream & Onion

doritos sour cream onion
Had to try these – limited time or not

I found another new Doritos flavor – Sour Cream & Onion. And they are good, really good. And I have Verdant Dude to thank for the mention, even though I had already seen them in the stores next to the Pepperjack flavor.

Flavor

doritos sour cream onion
Embedded with flavor.

Unlike the Jumpin’ Jack flavor, these Sour Cream & Onion have no spicy kick, which means they focus less on burning your tongue and more about providing that familiar taste that Lay’s chips have had for many years. But only on a tortilla chip. I really like these a lot and it’s that taste that has me eating many of these in one sitting.

Consuming

Which means, I leave this bag at work and try to ration how many I eat in one sitting. It’s too bad they are only around for a limited time, but that might be a good thing for how many I consume at one time.

Can’t wait to see what else Doritos has up their flavor sleeve this year.

Doritos Sour Cream & Onion by Banal Leakage, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1. I agree. Thought these were fantastic.

Thanks for mentioning them to me. I really like these.

2. Ren says:

I’ll definitely give these a try when I see them, but I was disappointed with the Jumpin’ Jack flavor. I found it to be too bland, though my daughter really liked it.

I didn’t mind the Jumpin’ Jack flavor. A nice kick.

3. Kim says:

I’ll have to check these out, and I’m digging the old school packaging !

The old school packaging is one of the things I like about these new flavors of Doritos.

4. Dave2 says:

I like them too… but I grow tired of them too quickly. Something about the flavoring powders accumulate in a strange way or something. I maintain that ORIGINAL “Taco Flavor” is the best Dorito ever made. :-)

I can only do a bag of these at a time… take a break from them and go back to Cool Ranch of Nacho Cheese. But I do agree with you that the original Taco Flavor is the best.

5. Mind Of Mine says:

You don’t really expect a Dorito blog post to be interesting….But you just never know. I absolutely love the Sour Cream dip that doritos make, I love to use it to dip sausages into.

Thank you and welcome to the blog. The dip is a good thing with a nice taste.

6. Sarah Park says:

This is surely a must-try. I love sour cream and onion flavored chips especially tortillas.

I think you will like them.