I’m currently on the road, visiting the Redwoods in California. Another post will have photos and other details of my trip, but for now, these are my random thoughts on traveling.
- Not all “Free Wifi” is necessarily a good thing, regardless of the idea of being “Free”
- There are roads that say it’s 132 miles to your destination, but going 65 miles an hour and getting there in 2 hours may not be possible.
- Lunch may consist of a snack-size piece of cheese and a Vitamin Water.
- Deciding to take tons of photos on a digital camera is a good thing, even if I know that a good half of the photos may be out of focus, contain the wrong subject I was after or can’t remember where it was I took the photo.
- In line with the last thought, I’ve learned that it’s very useful to take a photo of the sign related to the photos that are taken soon after.
- Face wash, face scrub or just water splashed on your face makes you feel a hundred times more refreshed afterwards.
- Sometimes bad coffee is not bad.
- Scratch the above. It’s good to have a lot of Starbucks available.
- Nothing beats a nice bed to get a good night’s rest, even when it’s only $60/night.
- Most hotels that are $60/night don’t have nice beds.
- The 12 hours it takes to reach your destination is all worth it when you have 15 minutes to take in the beauty of nature.
Ok, I lied. There was one photo on this post. Lots more later.