Podcast: Play in new window
Just Putting It Out There :
- – this getting caught up isn’t easy for me; getting behind is something I struggle with on a regular basis; even for things I love to do, such as podcasting.
- – The end of summer happened on Sunday, Sep 21st; I was bummed to see it go; we had way too much rain this year, including that final season day.
- News – Story 1: iTunes users outraged that Apple would automatically give them U2’s new album
- News – Story 2: LEGO beats Mattel as world’s largest toy company
- News – Story 3: Kanye West halts concert when two disabled fans don’t stand up
- RANT: Black Market takes over iPhone 6 lines
- SHAMELESS PLUG: Eric The Actor, passes away
- Email Feedback
– So on Sept 9th, Apple put the new U2 album into more than 500 million iTunes accounts; this started an outrage from some users, who complained about everything from piracy to spam to downloaded without permission to wasting bandwidth on their iDevices; Apple relented a few days later with a link to remove the album; i get some concerns, such as users that only have iPhone and no desktop to control access to hide purchases; not that big of a deal to me; i liked the album and appreciate the freebie from Apple and U2. wondering if it was an album from a band some of these complainers liked if outrage would be different.
– Link to article: Apple outrages users by automatically installing U2 album on their devices
– $2.01 billion vs. Mattel at $2.0 billion; this doesn’t surprise me at all; LEGO is huge; even us adults buy LEGOs; Mattel’s biggest asset is Barbie; I remember when Mattel was the biggest toy company; I had all sorts of their toys and electronic games; then merger after merger took companies like Kenner and Milton Bradley out of the running, and Mattel enjoyed a nice run; but competition from Hasbro took them down; LEGO continued it’s growth these last 10 years; I’m ok with this.
– Link to article: Lego tops Mattel for toy market lead
– Embarrassing for this larger than life rap artist when he realzies he’s made a mistake; nothing to him, just a slightly bruised ego; moves on and doesn’t really give a shit about these concert goers; I like Kanye and some of his music, but this was a dumb move; let’s hope he doesn’t repeat this in the future, although I doubt he cares about losing a few fans.
– Link to article: Kanye West halts Sydney concert after two fans don’t stand up
– watch the YouTube video above; watching the video, it’s disturbing to see how much exploitation happens for the greed of selling the new iPhone in China; Apple hasn’t released the iPhone 6 in China and probably won’t for a while; these black market sellers know this and place these pawns in line for hours and days so they can be first in line to get unlocked devices; Should Apple do something about this? Maybe, but not sure how they can; local police get involved, as the video shows; just sad to see this and hope there’s a way to reduce it with future iPhone releases.
– I am a big Howard Stern fan and have listened to the show since 1992; they have a cast of misfits called the Wack Pack, which are different callers to the show that have some type of oddity to them; this last weekend, we lost one of the more polarizing members of the Wack Pack when Eric The Actor died; he was known as Eric The Midget for many years until he started his aspirations into acting, albeit turning down more roles than he took; his calls to the show were entertaining, mostly of him complaining about not getting enough attention; the sound affect Fred Norris would play were buzzing sounds and imitating his broken speaking voice; his only visit to the live studio was in 2008, where everyone on staff took photos with him; many celebrities like Jimmy Kimmel and Zac Effron offered condolences to Eric’s passing; he will be missed on many levels.
iTunes link: Banal Leakage
Right now we are enjoying an ‘Indian Summer’ period here in the Northwest. Beautiful fall days and chilly nights perfect for sleeping! However, we are missing our rain and would like you to give it back!!! And LEGOs rock and always will!