Podcast: Play in new window
– More Than Halfway Over :
- – hard to believe the year is more than halfway done. The time, where does it go?
- – grateful to a friend who lives 6 mins from my house that has a pool that I can go swimming in this summer.
- News – Story 1: Malaysian Flight MH17 shot down over Ukraine
– this last Thursday, Malaysian Airline Flight 17 was shot down out of the sky over Eastern Ukraine; 298 lives lost; Rebels and separatists are being blamed for using a BUK land-to-air missile to take out the commercial jetliner; collecting bodies and evidence will take months; investigators being given restricted access to the area; rebels captured black boxes, but have said they will hand them over; so much sadness yet so much violence that takes place in the world; we all want world peace, but until we learn to resolve differences and stop thinking you are superior to others, tragedies like this will continue to happen; the answer is not more violence.
– Link to article: What We Know About Downed Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 17
- News – Story 2: NASA Celebrates 45th anniversary of Apollo 11 moon landing
– “The eagle has landed” The other phrase we heard to those of us that were glued to a radio or TV “that’s one small step for man… one giant leap for mankind.” Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were the first two to set foot on the moon; moon landing was a point in history that ignited our ambitions about space exploration; astronauts were popular for kids to want to be when they grew up; some people think the moon landing was a hoax and staged on a movie set; I can’t imagine that being anything remotely true; since this time, we’ve ventured into space, but haven’t eclipsed that first moment when astronauts walked on the moon.
– Link to article: Eyes on Mars on Apollo 11’s Moon Landing Anniversary
- News – Story 3: Disneyland turned 59, looks forward to 60th in 2015
– Disneyland opened it’s doors as a theme park on July 17, 1955; Their 50th anniversary was a lot of celebrations to commemorate the theme park and it’s enduring history in being the Happiest Place on Earth; I look forward to seeing what events takes place leading up to and surrounding the 60th anniversary; I can’t imagine how busy the park will be on July 17, 2015; they have announced a contest where you can enter a photo memory via Twitter or Instagram; details of the contest are available via the link in the show notes; I grew up a few miles from Disneyland and went there many times as a kid, teen and adult; even moving away, I still found time to visit often; it’s still a great place to visit, regardless how crowded it gets.
– Link to article: Happy 59th Anniversary Disneyland
- RANT: Diaper Dumping
– one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever seen in public is where you see a dirty diaper that got dumped in a parking lot; people too fucking lazy to walk 10 ft or drive 2 mins to a trash can to deposit the poopy diaper that they just changed in their car; people that do this are the lowest form of humanity; i don’t know what goes through their minds in thinking that it’s ok to dump not just trash, but a full diaper on the ground for others to see; how would they like if we dumped a dirty diaper on their lawn or driveway; I’ve seen many over the years; I want to clean it up, but I don’t normally have any sanitary items available to pick up the diaper; I would much rather have these low lifes stop their selfish and horrible practice and not dump the diapers.
- SHAMELESS PLUG: I love Super Soakers
– Since they came onto the toy scene in the early 90’s, I’ve loved these air pressure powered water guns; I can’t tell you how many I’ve owned over the years; many models purchased on clearance at the end of the summer season; several of them have broken or got left outside during the winter months and quit working; gives me an excuse to go buy more; I seek out toy aisle to see what new models are out there; drives my wife crazy that a 50 year old still plays with water guns; I like to get the models that shoot water the farthest; most go at least 25 feet; I have one that does 35 feet; instant summer fun.
- Email Feedback
iTunes link: Banal Leakage