My blogger friend Kim over at Ilax Studio posted a few musical questions back a week or so to her readers. And she encouraged us readers to post our answers in a comment on her blog post or create our own blog post. So I chose the latter.
- What song are you listening to on repeat now?
– “Happiness is Overrated” by Airborne Toxic Event
– this is my favorite song from this band, for many reasons, but it’s the repeated line “sorry, I really lost my head” that is quite clever, which explains my state of mind for the past many months.
- What song do you always listen to all the way through?
– hard to choose just one song, but if I had to it’s “Never Let Me Down Again” by Depeche Mode
– there’s a certain flow to this song that I don’t want to stop when it starts. I call it a building song, which ends like an anthem.
- What is the last full album you downloaded?
– “Talking Is Hard” by Walk The Moon – I just downloaded it a week ago and am still tracking it. So far, it’s good. I really liked their debut album and they have a good overall sound.
- What is the last soundtrack you downloaded?
– it’s not “Frozen” I can tell you that. I rarely buy soundtracks so the last one I remember downloading was TRON: Legacy from 2010. It’s a brilliant work by Daft Punk before they got big with last year’s “Get Lucky”
- Are you able to listen to music and read?
– Yes. One of the oddest combinations for a person who gets easily distracted. For some reason, I can better focus. But not all books. More like magazines and articles are easiest while music plays in the background.
- What is the last concert you attended?
– Billy Idol almost 2 weeks ago. First time seeing him. It was a really great show. Amazing for a 58 year old guy that can still sing strong and perform to a sold out crowd.