Banal Leakage – Ep #008
Podcast: Play in new window
Eight eight, I forget what eight is for. Take a listen above.
Add to Podcast Feed: http://www.banalleakage.com/feed/podcast/
Copy the above URL into your “add podcast” setting of your feed reader ie. iTunes, etc).
NOTE: podcast has been submitted to iTunes and is awaiting approval
- Title: Free To Judge
- – Saturday was National Margarita Day; I celebrated many times throughout the day. A love for tequila for a long time. I prefer them on the rocks.
- – Next Sunday is the Oscars; I am looking forward to watching, so will be recording podcast before Sunday.
- News – Story 1: Arizona House and Senate pass “Religious Freedom” law
- News – Story 2: Protests in Kiev, Ukraine
- News – Story 3: Microsoft Windows 8 Failed
- RANT: Tall people at concerts that stand in front of you
- SHAMELESS PLUG: Cindy Crawford turned 48 this last week
- Email Feedback
– allows private businesses to discriminate against LGBT on the basis of religious belief; this started with New Mexico lawsuit by gay couple to a photographer; I disagree with the lawsuit; businesses have always been able to refuse service to anyone; refuse to serve people for any reason; sad it’s based on who they are; laws passed by Republicans to pass these laws are normally for less government in our lives; those against gays see this as being able to exercise their religious beliefs through their business; bill waiting for Gov. Jan Brewer waiting to sign or veto this law; wasn’t aware that the treatment and exclusion of gays was something Jesus taught; regardless, this screams of discrimination since the gov’t is passing a law.
– Link to article: Ariz. Gov. Jan Brewer in pressure cooker over ‘anti-gay’ bill
– the unrest in the country up until Saturday morning was horrific; hundreds dead trying to fight government oppression; protesters took over the gov’t; president of Ukraine fled and location is unknown; hoping this change will help bring democracy to Ukraine like it has to other countries in recent years like Egypt. people tired of being repressed by gov’t; people want a say what happens in their gov’t; unfortunate for the loss of life.
– Link to article: Protesters seize Ukraine president’s office, take control of Kiev
– 200 million licenses sold, but it’s not unseating installed base of Windows 7 and Windows XP; support for XP ends in April; no more updates or service packs; user interface difficult to get used to; businesses are slow to replace computers with OS installed; even with recent release of Windows 8.1 update, which is free to all Windows 8 users, not helping to gain trust; Windows 9 on the horizon in the next year, bringing back the Start button; not sure why Start menu went away. Metro/tile interface is different to use.
– Link to article: Windows 8 has failed
– you go to the concert you have been waiting to see (The Pixies); you get there early to get a place up front; the opening band starts; 5 mins later, some dude that’s at least 6 inches taller than you pushes his way past you and stands right in front of you; doesn’t move for several songs; he leaves and you rejoice; then someone else taller takes his place a few songs into the headlining bands set. I know they are just trying to get a better spot, but can they look around to see that they are tall enough to block the views of others; you can see if you stand behind me.
– always was my supermodel crush; a good 25 years ago, I bought her calendars, read every article she was in, bought the 1988 issue of Playboy with her nude pictorial (and the one she did in 1998); watched “Fair Game” and bought it on DVD; admire her today for still being a stunning woman of beauty; had two children; now helps her husband Rande Gerber and George Clooney, promote his Casamigos tequila brand.
As a guy who is 6’1″, I am taller than many but still shorter than a lot. The problem with “being courteous” is that by the time I move out of everyone’s way, I’m in the back and cannot see or hear the concert that well. And there will always be someone taller or shorter. With general admission at concerts, it’s impossible to make everyone happy. You can always charley horse them, I suppose. But I will hurt you back. 😉