Banal Leakage – Ep #005
Podcast: Play in new window
I plead the 5th (episode, that is). Press play above.
- Title: 30 Years Ago
- – last day of January; this month went by pretty quick; recording this on Saturday (Feb 1st) morning;
- – I turned 50 last year, which means I was 20 during the first half of 1984; cell phones weighed 4 lbs; internet was a University of Utah experiment
- News – Story 1: Motley Crue calling it quits after 33 years together
- News – Story 2: Los Angeles Raiders win Super Bowl XVIII; 38-9
- News – Story 3: Macintosh Turns 30
- RANT: Coming into work sick?
- SHAMELESS PLUG: FitBit One
– a bit longer than 30 years ago; first album came out in 1981; going on on top; signed legal letter of cessation; no members can tour under the name Motley Crue with other members; yes, they did this with John Corabi and Randy Castillo, replacing Vince Neil and Tommy Lee; calling it a Final Tour, not a Farewell Tour; too many other bands have done many years of Farewell Tours that never end.
– Link to post: Tour Tuesday: RIP Mötley Crüe
– beat Washington Redskins in a blowout in Super Bowl XVIII (18) on January 22nd 1984; with Super Bowl XLVIII (48) this weekend; the Raiders have been my NFL team since they first moved to Los Angeles in 1982; used to go games at LA Coliseum; hard to be proud fan with this season of 4-12; haven’t done much since their return in January 2003 for Super Bowl XXXVII (37), which they lost to Tampa Bay; someday once again, I can be proud to be called a Raiders fan.
– Link to article: Super Bowl XVIII
– on January 24th; ad was shown only once two days earlier in Super Bowl XVIII (18); i’ve been a Mac owner since 1985 with the Fat Mac; first computer was Atari 800; have owned various other Macs throughout the years; people enjoy using a Mac over Windows; in 2005, got a Mac mini G4 and have fully embraced all Apple products since; now use a MacBook Pro late 2008 model; looking forward to owning many more future Macs (Mac Pro)
– Link to article: 30 Years of Innovation
– don’t. Just stay home; don’t infect the office with your flu; winter time means more sickness stays inside; management mentality forces people to come in; also, those who save sick days for fun time instead of using the day for when you are really sick.
– I’ve had a Fitbit Ultra for sometime, but it stopped working some time ago; out of warranty; support offered a Fitbit One for half price; Thanks to Kapgar for his twitter and blog talk of his Fitbit goals; the One adds sleep tracking; working towards average of 10k steps a day; I used the Mobile tracker on my iPhone 5s; recorded steps and basic activity; I’ll be adding food and water tracking soon
Glad you’re liking the Fitbit fun. I’ve hit 15K twice now. Not easy with a desk job but I know it’s possible.
As for sick days, at my work, they require you take the first two days of an illness as part of your PTO. This sucks and may help explain why people go to work sick. No one wants to use vacation for sick leave.