Podcast: Play in new window
Hands Up, Don’t Shoot :
- – this episode is all about the recent police shootings and deaths and surrounding protests and outrage.
- – I know some of you might disagree with me; leave your thoughts in the comments for the show notes blog post and we can have a civil discussion.
- News – Story 1: Ferguson, MO; Michael Brown
- News – Story 2: New York City, NY; Eric Garner
- News – Story 3: Cleveland, OH; Tamir Rice
- News – Story 4: Two Brooklyn police officers shot point blank by Baltimore gang member
- RANT: Police officers defending each other at all costs
- SHAMELESS PLUG: I support peaceful protestors
- Email Feedback
– my thoughts on everything that’s happened since the August 9th tragedy.
– Link to article: A Startling Admission By The Ferguson Prosecutor Could Restart The Case Against Darren Wilson
– my thoughts on everything that’s happened since the July 17th tragedy.
– Link to article: ‘I can’t breathe’: Eric Garner put in chokehold by NYPD officer – video
– my thoughts on everything that’s happened since the November 22nd tragedy.
– Link to article: Cleveland officer who fatally shot Tamir Rice judged unfit for duty in 2012
– the December 20th incident was shocking on all levels; the sadness and horrid act in deplorable on so many levels; Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu were in their patrol car when the killer (I refuse to mention his name here) walked up and shot them; then he ran to a nearby subway station and killed himself; non-violent supporters of those black lives that were lost quickly denounced these murders of cops; this killer was not related to peaceful protesters; his actions are not how to respond to police killing unarmed individuals; the amount of violent acts is horrific and it needs to stop.
– Link to article: Gunman “Assassinates” 2 NYPD Officers in Brooklyn, Kills Self: Officials
– they are human and can make mistakes and lapses in judgement; I’m no way against cops trying to protect and serve; but those who treat cops as “walking on water” need to stop; why the kill or be killed mentality; protecting your own without criticism makes you just as divided as those who only think black people get shot by white cops; yes, the media does tend to slant things; and yes, black cops shoot white people; but the disproportionate number of those getting shot makes for a case that can’t be ignored; shoot to injure if you feel you need to; why always shooting to kill; most of those getting shot and killed are unarmed; the lack of indictments is appalling; police make mistakes; admitting that doesn’t mean you don’t support your own; it means you want your own to do better.
– last episode, I mentioned in my rant how much stupidity it is to loot and damage the city during times of protesting; those who are peaceful and out in the public protesting should be treated humanely; yes, they block traffic sometimes and can be a nuisance when your commute is affected; that doesn’t mean they need to be hit with billy clubs or be shot with a gun; there are better ways to manage a peaceful group of protestors; we expect more from our law enforcement and that means better treatment of unarmed public citizens.
iTunes link: Banal Leakage
I, too, believe that looting and pillaging the property of innocent citizens is deplorable. The ‘let’s burn this place down’ mentality is beyond my understanding. Every piece of damaged property is paid for, in some way, by all of us, whether thru insurance costs or taxes or whatever. It is not a sign of protest, it is simply anarchy. Protesters that resort to this line of protest are, in my opinion, scum.