Google

Advanced searchLanguage tools

© 2013 - Privacy & Terms

Scooter Sunday – Season 2 Ep. 03

Play

You take the low road, I’ll take the highway, scooterly speaking.

Vimeo version – click here

Vote on Scooter Name

It’s time to vote for your top 3 favorite scooter names. The poll is up all this week and will end on Saturday May 16, 2009 at 11:59pm. Go there now if you’ve not already voted – CLICK HERE.

Happy Mother’s Day

I end this post by wishing all mother’s a happy Mother’s Day. I hope your day was wonderful and eventful.

Scooter Sunday – Season 2 Ep. 03 by Banal Leakage, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1. Ren says:

Love the beginning.

How far do you generally go on a typical Scooter weekend?

2. Dave2 says:

Okay… it would be nigh impossible to top last week’s genius video… but using Billy Idol as the soundtrack comes close!

I’m surprised you didn’t get pulled over? I didn’t think scooters were rated for highway driving?

3. I love the whole thing but the beginning was my favorite.

ren – Thank you. As for my rides on a typical weekend, I will go about 12 miles. But once the weather warms up to at least the mid 80′s, then I go longer, averaging 30 miles a weekend.

dave2 – I’ve been wanting to use that song since last year. The road I am on (Redwood Rd), it’s so bad. But I cannot go on Bangerter, which I would get pulled over for not going fast enough (if I didn’t run over by the 70+ mph traffic first)

sybil law – Thank you.

tori – Another fan of the beginning. Thank you.

5. Catherine says:

And yet another fan of the beginning, loved that. This was a speedy cruisy episode, and yes that WAS daring! But that probably adds a edgy dimension to the fun. Dry roads and no cars = wow, good times :D

Already looking forward to next week!

6. Penelope says:

Oooh a bit of Billy is extra cool!
    I’m hugely excited by the contest voting – consider it pimped ;)

7. Loved the choice of soundtrack. Good lord that highway seemed to go on into the distance forever!

catherine – The beginning fan club. Thank you. And as long as the roads are dry, It’s all good.

penelope – Billy rocks! And thanks for playing contest pimp.

kevin – Thank you, sir. And yes… long ass highway (goes for miles in both north and south directions)

9. whall says:

WHEEEEEEE! I feel like I’m riding with you!

(and as we discovered in NM, those signs indicating a “speed limit” are clearly mislabeled. They’re more like suggestions than actual limits…)

10. kapgar says:

The beginning was genius.

How far does 1.2 gallons get you?

whall – That’s what that chattering was while I was driving that long road. On the scooter, I’m trying to reach the “suggested” limit.

kapgar – Thank you. I normally get about 105 mpg on the scooter, so broken out into miles per 1.2 gallons (a full tank), I can average about 120 miles per tank. If I rode each day, that would be two weeks worth of gas.

12. delmer says:

I can’t remember the last time I saw a Sinclair gas station. I think, though, that “Claire” being part of that name (and Sin) being the other part says something positive about the name I suggested for the scooter. (Wasn’t Sinclair the name of the dad in the Dinosaurs TV show back around 1990?)

Once again, sweet video.

delmer – Thank you. Sinclair’s are all over here in Utah and others parts of the west. And before I finished reading your entire comment, I thought about your scooter name submission (doesn’t ‘sin’ and ‘submission’ go together at some point, too).

The Sinclair family was indeed tied to the Dinosaurs TV show.

14. kilax says:

I was going to ask the same question as Kevin. Damn! That is far on 1.2!

The video worked on my comp! I am sorry I never responded to your emails about it :( I muchos suck.

kilax – Yes, the gas mileage is nice. It was really nice last year when gas was $4 a gal. And no worries on the email replies. I just wanted to make sure you could view the videos now.