Things to Do When You’re Stuck in Hawaii
March 8, 2009 | Guest Blogger, Travel | 12 Comments|
Hiya. Karl here. Marty has once again decided to leave the keys to his blog in the hands of relative strangers while he goes off on a little vacay. This time he’s not getting married because, well, he’s already married. He’s off in Hawaii, Twittering away in the sand and surf.
I’ve never been to Hawaii because I refuse to acknowledge its statehood until I can drive there. But I understand it’s very nice. Here are some things Marty can do while he’s there.
- Run in slow motion along the beach, carrying a red Baywatch life buoy. Rescue several swimmers, whether they need it or not. Be careful not to put them down until you reach the parking lot. They’ll thank you.
- Roast pigs with apples in their mouths. Pigs love that.
- Get on a dining table and sing the entire Don Ho repertoire. Be sure to acquire a bubble machine for the encore.
- Reenact the Brady Bunch Hawaii episodes. Try not to freak out with a tarantula on your chest.
- Look for Higgins from Magnum, P.I. Don’t come home until you find him.
- Get leid.
- Find the four-toed statue from “Lost.” Put a giant toe ring on it.
- Have a scavenger hunt and look for consonants. They’re a rare find in Hawaii.
- Bungee jump into a volcano.
- Collect several hundred beer bottles. Put messages in each one, cork them, and set them into the water to see where the bottles go. Wait for a response.
That ought to keep Marty busy.
I wish I could get leid too. But I jest. 😉
What great suggestions! Makes ME want to go to Hawaii!!
Now that I have a list of things that I can do in Hawaii…I must put it on my “must see” list 🙂
I know when I finally get to visit, I’ll be instinctively peering around for a zippy little mid-80’s Ferrari. I loved Magnum!
Great post, Karl! funnay 🙂
I almost thought about doing #1 on the list, but the lifeguard looked like he could kick my ass for even borrowing the life buoy.
However, my wife did #6 😉
BTW, Thanks for guest posting, Karl. Great post. Cracked me up.
Those are some damn fine suggestions! I wish I’d thought of them when I was there… eight years ago… *SOBS*
@Marty You’re very welcome. Thanks, everyone.
dude, I’ve never seen Lost. did you just spoil it for me???!??!??!?!
@whall, nope, we’re all still clueless about that statue.
BUT I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW THERE *WAS* A STATUE!