Original image found at Why Fame
And here’s this year’s list of Oscar nominations. I look forward to this time each and every year, even if I’ve not seen all of the movies that were nominated.
- The Artist
- The Descendants
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
- The Help
- Midnight in Paris
- The Tree of Life
- War Horse
- Kenneth Branagh, My Week with Marilyn
- Jonah Hill, Moneyball
- Nick Nolte, Warrior
- Christopher Plummer, Beginners
- Max Von Sydow, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
- Berenice Bejo, The Artist
- Jessica Chastain, The Help
- Melissa McCarthy, Bridesmaids
- Janet McTeer, Albert Nobbs
- Octavia Spencer, The Help
- Glenn Close, Albert Nobbs
- Viola Davis, The Help
- Rooney Mara, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Meryl Streep, The Iron Lady
- Michelle Williams, My Week with Marilyn
- Demian Bichir, A Better Life
- George Clooney, The Descendants
- Jean Dujardin, The Artist
- Gary Oldman, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
- Brad Pitt, Moneyball
- Woody Allen, Midnight in Paris
- Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist
- Alexander Payne, The Descendants
- Martin Scorsese, Hugo
- Terrence Malick, Tree of Life
- The Descendants, Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash
- Hugo, John Logan
- The Ides of March, George Clooney, Grant Heslov and Beau Willimon
- Moneyball, Steve Zaillian and Aaron Sorkin. Story by Stan Chervin.
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Bridget O’ Connor and Peter Straughan
- The Artist, Michael Hazanavicius
- Bridesmaids, Annie Mumolo and Kristen Wiig
- Margin Call, J.C. Chandor
- Midnight in Paris, Woody Allen
- A Separation, Asghar Farhadi
- A Cat in Paris
- Chico & Rita
- Kung Fu Panda 2
- Puss in Boots
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Original Screenplay
Best Animated Feature
My Picks and Locks
So I’ve not seen too many of the films on this year’s list, which is surprisingly shocking even to me. I normally have seen most on the list, with a few exceptions [like last years winner "The King's Speech" I still haven't seen yet]. But that still doesn’t stop me from picking who I think will win.
- Best Supporting Actor – Christopher Plummer, Beginners
- Best Supporting Actress – Octavia Spencer, The Help
- Best Actor – Brad Pitt, Moneyball
- Best Actress – Michelle Williams, My Week with Marilyn
- Best Picture – The Artist
I’m pretty sure Christopher Plummer is a lock and so is Michelle Williams. But I’m holding off guessing at the other major categories at this time. Still very much want to see “War Horse” and “The Descendants”. “The Artist” for best picture is a easy pick since Hollywood loves to go retro with their mindset and it’s a throwback to the older days of filmmaking that they feel should be rewarded. My guess is this will spring up several clones of this style of movie in the next few years.
So until that night in February when all will be revealed, it’s anyone’s guess at this point.
To download the complete list in PDF format, click here.
What movies have you seen so far that have been nominated?
The 2012 Oscar Nominations by Banal Leakage, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.