Original image found at StarWars.com
At the end of this year – 2016 – I will be adding to my Top Albums compilation post with a Top Movies compilation post, complete with a post full of details, images and just the top movies I watched. My goal is to review movies throughout the year, like I do albums. Then at the end, post the Top Movies in a dedicated blog post. Thanks to Kapgar for the nudge.
For this particular post, I decided to backtrack a bit and take you back to 2015 for the movies I actually watched/viewed. And since my mind needs a reminder of the movies I did watch this year, I used this site to scan through what movies came out and which ones I recognized by name. So this list might not be as comprehensive as I would like it to be. It’s my first time doing a post like this, so cut me some slack here, won’t you?
Movies I Watched
These include those I saw in the theater and the ones I saw on DVD or digital download, but not including the best of, which are listed separately below.
- Mistress America
- The Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- Hot Pursuit
- San Andreas
- Ted 2
- Terminator: Genisys
- Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
- Fantastic Four
- Keith Richards: Under The Influence
Best of 2015
These were the movies that I really liked watching. Ones that I made it a point to see multiple times in both the theater and on video.
- Me and Earl and The Dying Girl
- Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck
- Jurassic World
- Inside Out
- Straight Outta Compton
- The Martian
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
– I laughed my ass off at Amy Schumer and the rest of the cast that made this a fun watch.
– BEEEE-DO… BEEEE-DO… BEEEE-DO. Nothing more left to say here. Oh, mass Minions were non-stop funny.
– Melissa McCarthy proves her comedic chops in this star-studded laugh-fest.
– Touching and brilliant. Saw this one on the last night of Sundance last year. It won the top prize the next day. I want to see this again.
– Another Sundance viewing that was super loud, but well worth it.
– Dinosaurs gone loose on an island of tourists. Plus, Jimmy Fallon cameo was very cool.
– Pixel creates something unique and awesome, with heart and thought and mind. Literally.
– The story of N.W.A. by its members, but with different actors. A very powerful story that’s told with a hard edge. No other way to explain the history of this legendary rap and hip-hop group.
– I got about half way through reading the book and couldn’t wait to see the movie. The best Matt Damon retrieval story yet [sorry Saving Private Ryan and Interstellar]. If you like anything technical and sci-fi, this is a must watch film.
– Not a single fault with this movie, in the eyes of this Star Wars fan. I’m sure I could be really nickpicky, but I won’t be. I’ve seen it twice so far and want to see it more times in the theaters. Glad this Force was Woken up, thank to J.J. Abrams.
Movies I Want To See
These are the list of movies I want to still watch, but never did during their release in 2015. I am surprised that this list is one shorter than the movies I watched list. That’s a good thing for this distracted man.
- Kingsman: The Secret Service
- Road Hard
- Ex Machina
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Love & Mercy
- The Stanford Prison Experiment
- Paper Towns
- Steve Jobs
- Atari: Game Over
- The Peanuts Movie
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2
- The Good Dinosaur
Happy Birthday Quentin Tarantino
4 Comments | Mar 27, 2012
2012 over Avatar?
11 Comments | Dec 30, 2009
Star Wars Episode VII Is…
2 Comments | Nov 6, 2014
Star Wars Episode VII – The Official Poster
4 Comments | Oct 17, 2015
About The Author
Some great movies to check out, for sure.
Loved Montage Of Heck and can’t argue with placement of Force Awakens. Biggest meh movie and overall disappointment has to be Age Of Ultron.
Cool that you saw Montage of Heck. It was loud, dug deep and covered a lot of footage that I never expected to see.
Age of Ultron could have been better. I did like it and the action was good, but the story needed to be tighter.
Add a Comment Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Good list although I’m clearly out of the loop as I’ve never heard of a big chunk of the movies on your lists. Weird.