How long has it been since I’ve been back from Hawaii? It’s been over a month. A MONTH!! HOLY SHIT people. I’ve made you wait way too long.
This post is being broken up into two parts. This one covers the photos with captions. I also have a fun little video I’ve put together of me at the beach, which I will post soon.
So without further delays, here’s a photo summary of my trip to Hawaii.
– Coming into our final decent into the airport
– and we have landed and are going to get our baggage
– On the beach at Waikiki. Vast ocean behind me.
– the view from our table at a hotel bar, looking at Waikiki beach
– we found penguins in Hawaii…
… and the reason why they are in Hawaii
– onto Pearl Harbor – that’s my wife standing by the sign
– The Arizona Memorial
– landed at Kona Int’l airport. I don’t know who that is in front of me
– the view outside our room at the Hilton Grand Vacations Beach Resort. No, I didn’t play golf in Hawaii… I know… Doh!
– the bay at the Hilton’s main hotel area (walking distance from the Hilton Grand Vacations)
– Kealakekua Bay – we kayaked here and went snorkeling
– at Pu’uhonuaohonaunau Park – that’s me and my wife. The happy looking couple we are
– I’ve always wanted to take a photo like this.. oh yeah, I did
– even though it rained, we both had fun horseback riding
– I belong at the beach, especially a nice beach like Hapuna State Beach
– we’ve still got that romantic side to us
– another great happy photo of my wife and I at Akaka Falls, near Hiro
– incredible to see a live volcano (no lava this trip)
– the entrance to the lava tube, part of the volcano area
and one last shot of Hawaii…
– the morning of our last day in Hawaii. A parting sunrise
And that’s my vacation summary in photos. Next up is a video that documents all that photos can’t capture.