I skipped my annual Thanksgiving post last year. Maybe I wasn’t as thankful in 2010. Of course this year, I’m just thankful I actually accomplished some things [trust me, there was much more that I really wanted to get done].
So with that, here’s my list of what I’m thankful for:
- My wife, who puts up with my love of all things tech and geek. And my odd sense of humor. And my many distractions that sometimes take away from deserved attention on her.
- My job. Even though I complain about it often, I really am glad I have my job. I look forward to my three weeks of vacation days each year and the flex time which allows me to run errands during the day, in trade for being available by phone 24/7.
- My friends in music – KevinIL and KevinAZ, who share many of the same bands and genres as I do.
- My daughter, who also shares the love of music I do, and not only is an awesome companion for the many concerts we have attended together, but who is also a great travel partner, as evidenced by our awesome trip to the Pacific Northwest this summer [not to mention, previous trips to San Francisco and the Grand Canyon].
- My iPad. Seriously.. this device has done a lot for me since I first purchased one in April 2010. I upgraded to the iPad 2 this year and it’s done even more to help keep me organized, not to mention the apps and tools that I use to write, blog and take notes.
- My creative side. My videos might have been sparse this year, but I still filmed when I could and my fiction writing got a nice boost thanks to Thrice Fiction.
- To those who inspire me. There’s too many to individually list here, but your works, efforts and creations do find their way into my head often when I need that push to get past my distractions.
- My many online friends, who without them, Twitter and blogging would be a solo effort.
- And lastly, to my brother and sister, who I don’t talk to enough [thanks in large part to my reliance on online communication, which takes away from my real life communication] but who I am grateful for all they have done for me in my life.