Podcast: Play in new window
Orlando and More :
- – this episode is all Orlando and Florida from my vacation last week.
- – no detailed show notes (except for rant and shameless plugs); just me discussing everything I did there;
- News – Story 1: Disney World
- News – Story 2: Universal Studios
- News – Story 3: Kennedy Space Center and Daytona Beach
- RANT: Restricting access to Hogwarts Express train, requires park-to-park pass upgrade
- SHAMELESS PLUG: World Showcase at Epcot
- Email Feedback
– my thoughts on having a 6 day park hopper pass to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.
– my thoughts on having 2 days to visit the Universal Studios and Islands Of Adventure theme parks.
– my thoughts on my day visit to Kennedy Space Center and a spending a couple of hours at Daytona Beach.
– we purchased our Disney and Universal passes from our timeshare ticketing with some good discounts; the Universal Studios passes we got were 2 day, 2 park with a free 3 day, which we didn’t use; we did not get the park hopper option, which limited us to spending one day per park; we didn’t find out how limited this was when we went to ride the Hogwarts Express train, which goes between the Hogsmeade (at Islands of Adventure) and Diagon Alley (at Universal Studios) Harry Potter lands, we couldn’t board the train; to upgrade our tickets to park hopper was $44 per ticket; that would have been almost $170 total for all of us to ride the train; to limit a feature like this to only those tickets with park hopper option is just plain greedy; the Harry Potter fans were disappointed, but understood the cost; it would have been nice to have been told this before we purchased to see if there was a cheaper option to upgrade the passes.
– this was my third time visiting Epcot; it’s my favorite park of the 4 Disney World theme parks; it’s separated into two parts: Future World and World Showcase; Future World has rides like Test Track, Soarin’, Mission:Space, Finding Nemo and Universe of Energy; World Showcase contains small versions of countries called pavilions like Mexico, Norway, Italy, China, Japan, United Kingdom, Germany and Canada; I love walking around and seeing how well cultured each pavilion is setup; the employees that work in each pavilion do 1 year internships and are native from each country they represent; so when you visit Japan pavilion, the employees are from Japan; and each pavilion serves various alcoholic drinks from each country; so I had 6 drinks this visit, enjoying some great tequila, limoncello, sake and beer; I can’t wait to go back again, even if it is 5 years between visits; although I would love it to be much sooner.
iTunes link: Banal Leakage