And the podcast is 6.. and the podcast is 6…
- Title: Loss, Broken and Bricked
- – recording this late Sunday
- – today was NINsday, listen to Nine Inch Nails on the 9th of each month. Thanks to Kapgar and Kevin Spencer for starting and celebrating this day each month
- News – Story 1: Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at 46 of a heroin overdose
- News – Story 2: Sochi Olympics
- News – Story 3: The LEGO Movie
- RANT: Free car wash code but not at the location I get gas from
- SHAMELESS PLUG: Oreos for sending free Cookie Dough flavor
– sad to see addiction take one of our most talented actors; one of my favorite actors; Such great roles like Lester Bangs from Almost Famous and Freddie Miles from Talented Mr. Ripley; Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire; Mocking Jay Part 1 and 2 have been mostly filmed, so no interruptions in releasing those movies; got emotional over his loss last week; sad no more work from him; 25 year history of movies; breakout role in Scent of a Woman.
– Link to article: Philip Seymour Hoffman
– billions over budget; unfinished rooms, roads and construction projects; dead dogs lying in the streets; events off to positive start; watching downhill skiing, ice skating; plan to watch luge and snowboarding; the Salt Lake City Olympics in 2002 has their share of scandal and budget issues; Olympics seem to be more about the negative the last few games; lack of snow at Sochi reminds me of lack of snow here we had for the games here in Utah and in Vancouver for the 2010 games; let’s hope the games can move forward.
– Link to article: NBC Olympics Official Site
– has 95% Rotten Tomatoes score; mostly 4 star reviews from the majority of movie critics; pulled in $70 mil over the opening weekend; story great, animation recreates stop motion action; voice actors like Morgan Freeman and Chris Pratt were stellar; Some like my wife and Dave2 from Blogography didn’t like the twist at the end; not going to spoil it for anyone that hasn’t seen it yet. Go read Blogography.com post if you want to read the spoiler; brief summary of the plot.
– Link to article: Blogography: The LEGO Movie
– Holiday Oil has no car wash at the location near my house, yet I get a free car wash with fill-up; can’t find a location that has a car wash so I can use my free code; by the time I drive around and find a location, I could have paid for a car wash closer to home.
– during the Grammys, a commercial displayed a hashtag #sendmeoreo; less than 2 weeks later, I had a full-size package in the mail; really good; tastes like cookie dough and chocolate; now I want to try the other limited flavor Marshmallow Crispy.