Podcast: Play in new window
Stick That Landing :
- – some amazing things that technology brings us, along with changes that take away functions.
- – in a retraction for a story in Episode #064, Ted Cruz never signed up for Obamacare; he obtained health insurance outside the ACA exchange.
- News – Story 1: SpaceX Rocket “Almost” makes a landing
– the Falcon 9 rocket was launched and then attempted to land on a platform in the Atlantic Ocean as a measure to test possible reuse of a rocket; Elon Musk’s company is wanting to repurpose the rockets they launch and this exercise was to be the first of many tests to accomplish that; unfortunately, it didn’t go quite as planned, but it was damn close; click the link in the show notes and watch the minute long video to be highly impressed; I would imagine to get this close on the first try that all other tries and launches will get closer to the goal.
– Link to article: See SpaceX’s Rocket-Landing Near Miss in This Amazing Video
- News – Story 2: Photos for OS X Released
– replacing iPhoto and is able to import all photos from iPhoto and Aperture; runs only on Yosemite 10.10.3; not backwards compatible with Mavericks, which I can understand, even though it would have been nice to still support that last version of OS X; feature wise, this is not a replacement for Aperure, which was a pro app in every aspect; at least iPhoto and Aperture still run under Yosemite thanks to updates; this new app brings unity of photo management to its iOS counterparts; change happens.
– Link to article: Photos for OS X FAQ
- News – Story 3: The official teaser for “The Hateful Eight” has been released
– back in Ep #046, I mentioned Quentin Tarantino discussing retirement after he finishes his 10th film; his 8th film will come out in December; up until now, there was no official trailer for it; technically, this is not a trailer; but it serves as the first official something for the movie; it should be good; for me, all of Tarantino’s works have been great; hoping we’ll see an official official trailer that shows actual footage; perhaps sometime in the fall; for us fans, we will wait.
– Link to article: Quentin Tarantino’s ‘The Hateful Eight’ Teaser Trailer Released
- RANT: LDS Church joins other religions asking USSCOTUS to ban same-sex marriage
– so back in 2008, the LDS church funneled a lot of it’s money as well as many well off members to stop marriage equality in California; they were successful, but only for a short period of time before a federal judge ruled otherwise; then earlier this year, the church worked with Equality Utah on employment and rental protections for LGBT, using a unique blend of religions protections mixed into legal protections; now, they are asking the high court to ban same-sex marriage nationwide; this whole religion controlling laws has gone too far; you don’t want your members doing something, that’s fine; but leave the rest of the country alone; gay marriage is not going to bring the end of times; it’s called progress and most organized religions rarely embrace any sort of progress that goes against ancient and antiquated beliefs; I hope the Supreme Court will be smart enough to know that equality has a winning history in this country after years of religion and bigoted people have tried to keep it from moving forward.
- SHAMELESS PLUG: Recording podcasts on Yosemite Mac mini
– since episode 062, I’ve been recording these podcasts on my Mac mini 2014 model running Yosemite OS X 10.10.3; I still use Gargaeband 6.0.5 as it contains all of the podcast recording functionality that Garageband ver 10 has removed; fortunately, this previous version of Garageband works just fine under Yosemite; all previous podcasts from episode 001 to episode 061 were recorded under Mavericks OS X 10.9.5 on my almost 6 year old MacBook Pro; in efforts to migrate to Yosemite, this is one of the first I will be doing; next up is blogging, which I plan to make work on both the desktop and the laptop, even after I upgrade to a new laptop in the next couple of months.
- Email Feedback
iTunes link: Banal Leakage